Here is a crossword puzzle about Christmas Trees. Print it out and work out your answers.
1. Something used as embellishment, beautification
2. Either of two points in the sun's path at which the sun is farthest from the equator
3. The cultivated produce of any plant or plants
4. An Egyptian sun god
5. The process by which a plant, under the influence of sunlight, manufacture sugar from water and carbon dioxide in the air. Oxygen in produced in this process.
6. A tree which bears its seeds in cones
7. A tree which sheds its leaves in the fall
8. A young tree
9. An individual who operates a tract of land set aside for cultivation for agricultural purposes
10. Pores in leaves and needles that allow gases and liquids pass in the process of photosynthesis.
11. The most essential thing for keeping your Chrismtas tree fresh
12. A popular species of pine
13. Another word for #1 across
1. The leaves of a conifer
2. Pertaining to the surroundings and external conditions which affect organic life
3. A tradition, more than 1,000 years old, in which a very large log was dragged from the forest on Christmas Eve and put onto the fireplace where it burned throughout the 12 days of Christmas.
4. An annual procedure to shape cultivated conifers
5. An evergreen having flat, soft needles
6. The act of gathering crops
7. A pine which has long, soft needles in bunches of five
8. A fragrant fir which will grow from Newfoundland to Alberta
9. An essentential gas which is produced by living trees
10. Trees which do not shed their leaves annually
11. A fir tree whose needles have a silvery underside
12. A short needled tree
13. What many people place on the top of their Christmas tree
For answers visit www.chrsitmastrees.on.ca/vtfsite/answers.html
This site is presented for your information and enjoyment by the
Christmas Tree Farmers of Ontario.
Copyright 2001 ©. All rights reserved.